As a Christian community, the members of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Winston-Salem are dedicated to growing as disciples of Jesus through worship, fellowship, love, and service of others.
Founded in 1925, St. John’s Lutheran Church & School believes:
- There is only one God, yet He exists in three “persons”: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ (The Son) died on the cross to pay for our sins, and rose from the grave to conquer death. All who have faith (trust) in Jesus will live forever with Him in heaven.
- That all believers in Jesus, should become a part of a worshipping and serving Christian community.
- Worshiping together whenever possible, and experiencing God’s presence in Word and Sacrament is critical to faith.
- The Church exists to worship and to serve Jesus, by loving God, loving each other, and loving our neighbors.
- St. John’s is a place where you can grow in faith, be supported by brothers and sisters in Christ and be equipped to share God’s love with others.
As a congregation, we worship God, and serve Him through serving others, we proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we bring ourselves and others to the Lord through the Holy Spirit.