(G. R. O. W.)
The ministry of St. John’s is organized around a theme known as “G. R. O. W.” We believe that “G. R. O. W.” accurately reflects the ministry priorities that are set forth in the Bible:
- God’s Mission (Outreach/Evangelism)
- Reaching Maturity (Discipleship)
- Offering Help (Love for One Another)
- Working Together (Empowering Believers to serve according to their gifts and passions)
In order to be effective at pointing people to Jesus, we believe it is important to embrace 6 guiding principles:
- Being Clear About Mission & Vision
- Developing And Maintaining a Leadership-Based Culture
- Having An Outlet For People’s Gifts and Passions
- Full Involvement of All of God’s People
- Alignment of Attitudes, Energies, and Resources
- Humble Submission To God and His Purpose For The Church
How Do I Fit In?
We at St. John’s would like to be your new church-family. People tend to ask 3 questions in getting connected and staying connected to a church:
- Am I liked?
- Am I valued?
- Am I growing?
The people of St. John’s are a close-knit community of faith where there’s always room for one more. Relationships can be developed in a variety of ways: fellowship activities, Small Group Bible Studies, Ladies ministries, Youth Group, and more.
Am I Valued?
We believe that God has “SHAPED” all of His people to be a blessing to His Kingdom. St. John’s is committed to helping every believer to discover their gifts and passions and to guide them into an area of service for God’s Kingdom. We are committed to helping people to connect with their God-given “S. H. A. P. E.”
- Spiritual Gifts (from the Holy Spirit)
- Heart (what you care about)
- Abilities (natural talents)
- Personality (who you are as a person)
- Experiences (how life experiences have shaped you)
Am I Growing
As believers we all want to grow in our faith and in our commitment to following Jesus. This is God’s desire for us as well. At St. John’s we are commitment to helping believers to become mature followers of Jesus Christ. Christian Education is a priority at St. John’s for all ages. We offer Sunday School for children and youth, 3 choices of Sunday Adult Bible Classes, Weekday Bible Classes (morning & evening), Evening Small Groups, and other venues as well.